Translate & certify documents
When applying for the approbation, foreign applicants must ensure that the documents they submit meet the requirements of the licensing authorities. In the following we show in which form the documents have to be submitted and where you can have your documents translated.
Table of contents
Certified translations – Gloukh translation agency
Do you need a certified translation, performed by a sworn translator? Then you have come to the right place! Gloukh Translation Agency offers you professional translations in many languages and many different fields. Gloukh Translation Agency has extensive experience in certified translations and is characterized by reliable and accurate work.
Get a free quote now!
In-depth knowledge and specialist experience is indispensable in medical interpreting! Therefore, you run incalculable risks by hiring a normal interpreter.
Incorrect translation of medical terms can have fatal consequences under certain circumstances. With a specialist interpreter who has the necessary knowledge of medicine, you can be sure that there will be no misunderstandings.
Have documents translated by Gloukh Translation Agency
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Certificate of no objection
- Registration certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Certificate of employment
- Annex to the diploma (from 85€)
- All other documents by agreement.
Requirements of the approbation authorities
In order for foreign physicians to apply for the approbation, the documents to be submitted must meet certain requirements:
Translation by a sworn translator in Germany
With regard to the documents for the application for the approbation, it should be noted that all foreign-language documents must be translated into German. The documents must be translated by a publicly appointed or sworn translator in Germany. It must be recognizable that the translator has made a translation of the original document in the national language.
Officially certified copies
Please note that when applying for the approbation, you should only enclose officially certified copies. Do not send any proofs in the original and no simple copies! Official certifications are usually made in Germany by the citizens‘ offices or by a notary. You will need the following versions of the documents:
- Officially certified copy of the German translation + copy of the original document in the national language attached by the translator.
- Officially certified copy of the original document in the country’s language
In preparation for the application for the approbation, the diploma/certificate of completion of medical training and, if applicable, the professional license must also be provided with a Hague Apostille. However, only if the possibility exists in principle in your country of training. Alternatively, the documents can be legalized by the German Embassy in the country of training.
What documents need to be officially translated?
The following documents must be translated by a translator who is publicly appointed or sworn in Germany in order to apply for the license to practice medicine:
- Proof of completed education:
- detailed list of subjects, including the number of hours taught per subject,
- list of subjects and grades,
- Proof of completion of practical training.
- Proof of identity (e.g. passport or identity card)
- Birth certificate / extract from the family register
- In case of name change: proof / certificate of name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- Criminal record certificate (the certificate must not be older than three months at the time of departure),
- Certificate of Good Standing
Which documents require a Hague Apostille?
The following documents require a Hague Apostille:
- Diploma or degree certificate of medical education
- Professional license
Managing Director of Approbatio
Personnel Psychologist (M.Sc.)
Mr. Pobuda studied psychology in Göttingen with a focus on personnel psychology and health and sports psychology. Within his scientific work he researches the leadership behavior of physicians. Mr. Pobuda’s main occupation is managing director of the personnel consultancy for physicians „Approbatio“.
Note: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information presented here, as the requirements for applying for the approbation may differ from state to state. Please obtain additional information from the responsible institutions.
Author: Leon Pobuda
Position: CEO from Approbatio